You are here
Dr Ewald Einoder
Ewald Graduated from Monash University in 1966 as MB.BS.
An ongoing awareness that EXPERIENCE [THE SUBJECTIVE] is what really matters to people led Ewald early into the field of psychiatry.
Over a period of twenty years he gained extensive experience at the coal-front of all aspects of psychiatry: A two year sojourn overseas familiarised me with the perennial philosophy, the fine arts, Taoism, Freud, Jung, and Konrad Lorenz.
Within a few years of working in the Drug and Alcohol field the limitations of modern scientific medicine became glaringly obvious to Ewald, directed him into;
- Nutritional and Environmental Medicine,
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine,
- The New Age Movement - this included many forms of Meditation, Tai chi, Astrology, the Tao of Physics, an appreciation of Nature, and the enjoyment of cooking and gardening.
I have incorporated the above 3 areas in my daily practice of Psychiatry since 1980. This has resulted in some major shifts of my perspectives on patient care, to mention just a few:
- Science can only deal with the particular whereas Love [coming from the heart] deals with wholes.
- All disease is at all times physical, mental and spiritual. Healing implies a change at all three levels.
- Recovery from Clinical Addiction and many chronic diseases does not occur unless one includes spiritually based concepts / principles in the management
- The power of mind is vastly greater than that of the body. What you truly believe you live.