You are here
Dr David Bird
MBCHB, Dip.Clin.Nutrition, FRACGP, FACNEM
David graduated in 1990 in Auckland, NZ. After doing rural GP work for six years he relocated to Australian and opened a clinic in nutritional and environmental medicine, with a special focus on chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and related disorders.
In 2005 he was asked to head up the medical team at Highwood live-in lifestyle retreat, Narbethong, Victoria (www.highwoodhealth.org), where natural, lifestyle and integrative medical treatments are used. He has a strong belief in integrating the best of orthodox and complementary approaches, in a patient-practitioner team approach to solving health challenges and in the importance of consideration of individual uniqueness in treatment planning.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, burnout, M.E.
- Heavy metal toxicology
- Post Viral and other Bug Syndromes
- Thyroid disorders
- Mould related illness
- Weight management
- The rational use of hydrotherapy, poultices, herbs and home remedies
- Live-in lifestyle and complementary treatment
- General integrative medicine including diagnostic problem-solving
- MBChB (UK/NZ equivalent of MBBS or MD), Auckland, 1990.
- Dip.Obst, Auckland, 1992.
- Fellow, Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, 1996.
- Diploma in Nutritional Medicine (International Academy of Nutrition), 1997.
- Fellow, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2005.
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
To learn more information about Dr. David Bird visit his personal website www.burnoutsolutions.com.au
Consultation Times and Fees
As of May 2015, Dr David Bird consults on Tuesday and Thursday, for details on appointment availability and the schedule of fees please contact the NIIM Clinic Reception on (03) 9804 0646.
Please contact the Clinic for further information, or to book an appointment click here