You are here
Dr Chris Corcos
Dr Chris Corcos has worked as a consultant general adult psychiatrist for over 16 years in a variety of settings including public, private, forensic, inpatient and community. He has special interest in holistic medicine, nutrition, personality disorder (better termed Complex Trauma) and the psychotherapies. Chris considers that the education of health and mental health practitioners, clients, carers and the wider community, in the basics of mental health, mental illness and paths to healing, is one of his life’s purposes. To that end he recently completed his Cert. IV in Training and Assessment (TAE).
- Basic health education
- Rational psychopharmacotherapy
- Counselling and brief psychotherapy
- Adult psychiatry (aged 17 and over)
Patients please be aware, you must have a referral from a G.P or a specialist doctor before you are able to see Dr Corcos.
Further Dr Chris Corcos does not provide the following services:
- Prescription of psycho-stimulant drugs or benzodiazepine tranquillisers
- Medico-legal documentation for (but not limited to): Centrelink, TAC, WorkCover, Super, Immigration, Legal or University purposes
- BSc (Hons)
- MB BS (London)
- Basic course with ACNEM
- Basic course with AIMA
- Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie
- Cert IV TAE
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- (Fellow) Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
- Australian Medical Association.
Consultation Times and Fees
As of May 2015, Dr Chris Corcos consults on Wednesdays, for details on appointment availability and the schedule of fees please contact the NIIM Clinic Reception on (03) 9804 0646.