You are here
Dr Geoff Kemp
MBBS FRACGP FACNEM
Geoff graduated in 1967 from Melbourne University. He worked in hospitals for three years, gaining experience in medicine, surgery, infectious disease at Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, anaesthetics, and ear nose and throat disorders.
In 1974 he qualified for the FRACGP diploma, and later that year he was appointed Examination Director for the RACGP, a post he held for five years.
Geoff has recently moved from solo practice at the Burke Road Medical Centre, where he worked for 45 years, and gained extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of many complex, chronic disorders. He has written papers for the Australian College of Ecological and Nutritional Medicine, and was a Lecturer at the Department of Integrative Medicine at Swinburne University.
Between 2003 and 2005 he participated in a trial on patients who were recommended to him by word of mouth, suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome looking for serological and PCR evidence of Rickettsiosis ad serriatum among the patients who consulted him for help in this area. In the two years he saw over 500 patients, and found that 62% had serological evidence of Rickettsiosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lyme like syndromes
- Chronic emotional and psychiatric disorders and their relationship to underlying infections.
- Chronic pain syndromes. Neuralgia, regional pain syndromes
- Cancer prevention and treatment.
- Chronic neurodegenerative disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple food and chemical sensitivities
- Reflex Autonomic Dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Autoimmune diseases, including Grave's disease and Hashimoto' s disease
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment.